Loveliness and creativity is all around us and inside of us

Loveliness and creativity is all around us and inside of us

Saturday, January 3, 2015

     January 3, 2015
  Made to Create
     Creating gives us a taste of freedom and an outlet for emotions and feelings. It heals us in some ways without a doubt. It's also a much healthier outlet for pain than many other things.  It adds beauty and joy to the world while helping people cope with pain. For many years I didn't realize the power of creating and how much I enjoy it can can create. I'm amazed at how art therapy heals people's hearts, minds and souls.  It also unites all the humans because every culture is creative in some way. It's in our blood I guess and in our hearts. It helps us hope and dream, which are essential to a heart which is alive.
     I know children are better at creating than us, mostly because their parents and friends approve of the result - their creation. And probably because they put their whole heart in it. What if we worked with all our heart and let God - our father - approve what we did? I wonder if He would smile every time we create because He is a creator and we are made it his image.
      I just love that feeling when I am done making something, whether it's a craft, a meal, cleaning a room, writing a song or a card for a friend, building a Lego house, arranging a display or furniture, planning a trip. I feel like I make a difference and make the world a better place. I can rest and enjoy my work and watch others' reactions to it.  So please try creating something new year. Even if it doesn't come out perfect or you have to copy others(that's what I do). Keep trying new things until you find what you love and what brings you joy to create!


Art is our one true global language. It knows no nation, it favors no race, and it acknowledges no class. It speaks to our need to reveal, heal, and transform. It transcends our ordinary lives and lets us imagine what is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment